This is a delicious way to get your veggies, fruits, vitamins, protein, and omega 3s!
I mixed the greens and dates, which are high in iron, with an orange, which is high in vitamin c. This will help your body absorb the iron better.
- 1 to 2 carrots (depending on how thick you want your smoothie)
- 1 banana
- 1/3 of a zucchini (unpeeled)
- 1 cup of almond milk (see recipe below)
- 1/5 cup of raw macadamia nuts
- 1 peeled orange
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1/2 cup of honeydew melon (frozen)
- 3 dates
- 2 tablespoons of flax oil (omega 3s)
- 1 tsp spirulina (b12 and other b vitamins, vitamins a-d and even k)…so much more.
- ice (start with 1/4 cup….then, add more if you prefer)
Note: to make RAW ALMOND “MILK”, soak 1 cup of raw almonds overnight, blend (preferably in a VITAMIX with 3 cups of water. To sweeten the “milk”, add raw agave or a few medjool dates. Flavor with vanilla, carob, chocolate, etc. Then, drain.
If you do not have raw almonds, you can just use store bought almond milk.
Vitamix 1700 Turbo Blend 4500 Countertop Blender with 2+ HP Motor
**Reasons why we don’t consume cow’s milk/dairy products:
- Contributes to cruelty.
- Contributes to world hunger because it supports the meat industry.
- Contributes to the destruction of our planet’s.
- We don’t need to drink other species’ breast milk.
- It is linked to cancer and many other diseases/ailments.
- It is linked to osteoporosis.
- It is linked to obesity.
- Hormones in milk causes early puberty.
- Antibiotics pumped in cows are not good for our health and our society.
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
Watch, listen, and learn:
This is Dr. Barnard’s COMPLETE presentation from the VegSource HEALTHY LIFESTYLE EXPO 2003
Dr. Barnard also discusses how industry, aided by government, exploits these natural cravings, pushing us to eat more and more unhealthy foods.