I have been craving something chocolaty lately, so I decided to experiment with the ingredients in my fridge and pantry. I love doing that! So, I soaked some nuts the night before and made a delicious and healthy dessert that is packed with nutritious ingredients the next day. It was so easy to make that my daughter (4 years old) was able to help me make it. After my daughter tried it, she says, “Mommy, this is the best pie I have ever tasted! I love you so much!” LOL It was too cute.
Ingredients for crust:
- 1 and 2/3 cup of raw pecans (if you don’t have “raw”, just use unsalted pecans)
- 1 cup of pitted medjool dates
- 12 dried figs (stems removed)
- 2 tablespoons of cold pressed coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao (note: if you don’t have “raw”, you can use regular cacao powder)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of shredded coconut to sprinkle on the pan
Ingredients for the Filling:
- 2 cups of raw cashews (soaked over night in filtered water)
- 1 and 1/3 cup of filtered water
- 4 tablespoons of cold pressed coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons of raw agave (I don’t like my desserts too sweet, so taste it to see if it is sweet enough for you, if not, add a little more agave)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 2 dried figs (stems removed)
- 1/2 teaspoon of soy lecithin granules
Directions for Crust:
- Throw all ingredients in the food processor (except for the shredded coconut) and blend for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut on the bottom of your pie pan. This is so the crust doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Press the crust blend onto your pie pan.
Directions for Filling:
- Throw all “filling” ingredients into your blender. I used my Vitamix.
- Blend for a few minutes until it is smooth.
- Pour blend onto pie crust.
- Decorate with more pecans.
- Freeze for a few hours.