It is very difficult to find figs out here. So, you can imagine how happy I was to find these at the local farmer’s market! I just about had a heart attack when I saw them! I LOVE dried figs, but fresh figs are even better!
This dessert packs a lot of fiber, B6, manganese, potassium, calcium,iron, protein, omega 3s and more! It tastes sinful, but it is super healthy!
Ingredients for Crust:
- 6 medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tablespoons of cacao nibs
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
Ingredients for Filling:
- 1/2 of a pear
- 1 cup of fresh figs
- 4 medjool dates (pitted)
- 2 tablespoons of raw agave
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 tablespoons of cold pressed coconut oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds
- Process “crust” together and pack it in a small 5″ x 7″ glass container (refer to picture below)…press it down to make the first layer.
- Process the “filling” together and place it over the “crust”
- Top it off with hemp seeds.
- Place in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
I love figs so much that I decided to buy fig trees! And, in just a few months…..FIGS! (look below).
After I purchased these figs, we got motivated and planted our own herbs, fruits, and veggies in our back yard! We planted tomatoes, persimmon, jalapenos, basil, thyme, mint, lemon balm, pumpkins, squash, cayenne pepper, bell pepper, okra, and eggplants! And, it feels wonderful to use the harvest, from your own backyard, to add to the dishes you make! You should try growing your own!