My child loved these!
Are you looking fora high energy, high protein, high fiber, vegan, and gluten-free breakfast with lots of vitamins and minerals?…well, here it is!
This is a wonderful combination of grains, vegetables, and fruits!
Zucchini is awesome in many ways (magnesium and potassium for better heart health). It is high in antioxidants (vitamin c and a) and carries cancer preventing properties. It is high in manganese (for healthier skin). Also, it helps your body absorb iron more efficiently.
Rhubarb is a good source of calcium and vitamin c (helps your body absorb iron better as well).
Quinoa is known for its protein packed with protein, antioxidants, fiber, calcium, and other vitamins and minerals.
Oatmeal contains lignans, which help protect you from heart disease. It is low-calorie, high fiber, high in antioxidants, and delicious.
Corn is also packed with thiamin (B1), vitamin B5, folate, fiber and vitamin c.
Blueberries are just plain awesome. It is known to help reduce belly fat, improve memory loss, and it even helps aid digestion. Blueberries are high in vitamins and antioxidants and is also known to have cancer/disease fighting properties.
Bananas are high in potassium, vitamin B6, fiber, and vitamin c.
- 1.5 cups of blended rhubarb and zucchini (1 zucchini and 2/3 cup of rhubarb)
- 1/3 cup of organic quinoa flour
- 1/3 cup of organic corn meal
- 1/3 cup of organic rolled oats
- 2/3 cup of non dairy milk (soy, almond, hemp, etc.) Note: for thinner pancakes, add 1 cup instead of 2/3 cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons of canola oil
- 2 Ener-G egg replacer
- 2 tablespoons of organic sucanat (sugar)
- 1/6 cup of coconut cream (note: if you can’t find these, you can just add 3 tablespoons of cold pressed coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of raw agave)
- 1 tablespoon of almond extract
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of molasses (for added iron)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of ancient sea salt
Ingredients for Blueberry Banana “syrup”:
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup of raw agave (add more agave if you want it thinner)
Directions for syrup: blend all ingredients together until there are no lumps.
Directions for Pancakes:
- Make “syrup”.
- In a food processor, blend zucchini and rhubab together.
- Pour rhubarb and zucchini into a bowl.
- Add milk, sugar, molasses, cream of coconut, canola oil, almond extract and salt into the bowl.
- Mix it well.
- Add quinoa flour, corn meal, oats, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Mix well.
- Heat griddle (low to medium).
- Spray griddle with olive oil or coconut oil.
- Pour batter and cook pancakes for a few minutes on each side.
- Stack pancakes on a plate and serve with syrup.