Oh, mushrooms….I just love them so much!
I just put this all together today…and it turned out very tasty!
- Cooked quinoa
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 package of firm tofu (frozen and thawed)
- 1/2 of a large tomato (diced)
- 1 cup of fresh spinach
- 1/4 of a large red onion (diced)
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1.5 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1.5 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Daiya vegan mozzarella “cheese”
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegarrette
- salt and pepper
- Cook quinoa
- After the tofu has thawed, drain and squeeze the excess water off.
- Brush off portobello mushrooms and remove the stems.
- Make the marinade for the mushroom: 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinaigrette, salt, and pepper (just keep adding the salt little by little until the marinade tastes good to you).
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and add the onions, garlic, oregano, and basil. After you sweat the onions, add the tofu. Note: smash the tofu with your hands and place it into the pan. Keep stirring and cook on medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add Nutritional yeast, spinach, tomato, and lemon juice to the tofu. Cook for another minute then set aside.
- Dip the mushroom in the marinade and place on a baking pan (top side down).
- Stuff the mushrooms with the tofu and veggies.
- Top it off with vegan “cheese”.
- Preheat oven 370 degrees.
- Bake stuffed mushrooms for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve over quinoa.