This afternoon, my 3-year-old requested a dish with green beans and quinoa. Fortunately, I had just purchased some green beans from the farmers market and my pantry is always stocked with quinoa. So, I came up with this quick and easy dish.
The ginger, soy sauce/liquid aminos, and sesame oil gives it an Asian flare. It is so delicious and filling. This meal is packed with protein and a ton of goodness. I think this is one of my favorite quinoa dishes right now. I am sure you will like this as much as we do!
- 3 cups of cooked quinoa
- 2 cups of fresh chopped green beans (less than 1 inch in length)
- 1 cup of chopped toasted almonds
- 1 shredded carrot
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/3 cup green onions (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Ingredients for sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of liquid aminos (natural soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh grated ginger
Directions for sauce: mix liquid aminos, sesame oil, and ginger together, then set aside.
- In a large pan or wok, heat oil.
- Then, add onions and garlic. Cook until onions are transparent.
- Add green beans and cook for 4 minutes in medium to high heat.
- Turn of heat, then add cooked quinoa, shredded carrot, sauce, and stir it all together.
- Plate it and top it off with chopped green onions.