This is what we had for dinner last night! I got the recipe from here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/tofu-quiche-with-broccoli/
I changed it up a bit because I didn’t have vegan parmesan and I also added some sweet peppers. It was yummy!
- 1 vegan pie crust
- 1 pound of broccoli (chopped)
- 1 package of firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium-sized red onion (chopped)
- 4 small sweet peppers (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of plain soy milk
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 1/3 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup of Daiya “cheese”
- pepper to taste
- Prepare pie crust according to directions and then set aside. (I just bought a vegan pie crust from our local health food store)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Steam the broccoli for about 5 minutes and set aside.
- Heat the oil on another pan and add onions and sweet peppers. Cook for a few minutes and set aside.
- Throw the rest of the ingredients in a blender or food processor (tofu, garlic, red pepper flakes, parsley, salt, nutritional yeast, Daiya “cheese”, nutmeg, mustard and soy milk) and blend.
- In a large bowl, mix the tofu blend, onions, peppers, and broccoli together.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 35 minutes
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Original recipe here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/tofu-quiche-with-broccoli/