I went to Earthfare today and I was talking to the produce manager about smoothies. He got very excited about it because he also drinks a lot of healthy smoothies/shakes. He also gave me a smoothie recipe idea: avocado, apple, banana, cranberry, lime juice, and mint. I have always known that mint was awesome, but I totally forgot about it!
Well, after he reminded me about it, I got super excited about trying out different mint with avocado smoothies, so I am planning to use mint in food/drinks this week. Tomorrow, I will also be making some VEGAN SAMOSAS with a MINT AND CILANTRO DIP….so stay tuned!
Mint wakes up the flavor in some foods and drinks. The medicinal properties range from breath freshener to curing cancer.
Please take the time to learn about the benefits of MINT:
Daddy's shake for the morning
Daddy’s veggie/fruity protein shake
- Fresh frozen strawberries
- Fresh frozen cranberries
- Soy milk
- Hemp seeds
- a couple sprigs of mint
Savannah’s and mommy’s chocolate cake smoothie
(I say “chocolate cake” because I use a few similar ingredients as my raw chocolate cake/brownie…which Savannah absolutely loves)
(This will be a small serving)
- 1 half of a ripened avocado
- 1 half of a fresh frozen banana
- 1/2 cup (or more…depending on thickness preference) of nut milk or rice milk
- 1 to 4 tea spoons of raw cacao (just adjust according to chocolaty taste preference)
- 1 tea spoon of coconut oil
- just a little bit of spinach
- 1 table spoon of hemp seeds or raw chia seeds
- add raw agave to taste
- and a couple sprigs of mint
Note: this is Savannah’s (small) shake which contains about 7 grams of protein. The average 1 to 3 year old will only need 16 grams of protein.
Note: if you would like to create a “raw” version of this shake, you may also use coconut water or just plain water.