I usually don’t like buying cookies from the store because they are usually pretty unhealthy. So, I like to make this version of “milk and cookies” to give to my family. They are healthy, filling, and yummy!
Here is what you will need:
- A dehydrator
- 1 cup of raw almonds (soaked over night)
- 10 medjool dates (soaked over night)
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons of raw cacao
- 1/4 cup of goji Berries
- 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of old-pressed coconut oil
- a pinch of salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of raw agave or maple syrup
Directions for “cookie”:
- Drain the water out of your soaking dates and almonds.
- Throw dates, almonds, banana, vanilla, cacao, coconut oil, ground flax, salt, and agave (optional) in a food processor. Blend all together until it is a paste. Note, if your mixture is still too dry, you can add a few tablespoons of water and blend it some more.
- Shape into cookies (less than a half of an inch thick) and dip in sesame seeds.
- Place in the dehydrator and dehydrate for 12 hours.
For Hemp “milk”
- 2 cups of water
- 2.5 to 3 tablespoons of hemp seeds
- 3 dates
- 1 drop of vanilla
Directions for “milk”:
- Place hemp seeds, dates, and water in your Vitamix or other high-powered blender.
- Blend for a minute or two until it is really smooth. Note: you can strain the hemp seed pulp if you would like, but mine is usually really smooth and I am too lazy to strain it out.
- Enjoy with cookies!