I didn’t have much time today to make an elaborate dinner, so I made breakfast burritos using some produce I got from the farmers market (onions, garlic, oyster mushrooms, and squash). If you like scrambled eggs in burritos, you would enjoy this one.
- 3 to 4 cups of oyster mushrooms (chopped) Note: you can use white mushrooms, portobello, etc.
- 1 large crooked neck squash (chopped)
- 1 package of firm tofu (I used organic and sprouted)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup of cilantro (chopped)
- 3 pinches of turmeric
- 2 pinches of paprika
- 1.5 tablespoons of olive or grape seed oil
- Liquid aminos and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until the onions are transparent.
- Then, add squash and tofu. Note: squish the tofu in between your fingers for the “scrambled egg” look.
- Cook together for 5 minutes in medium-high heat and then add mushrooms, turmeric, nutritional yeast, cilantro, liquid aminos, and pepper (adjust the amount of liquid aminos to taste preference).
- Stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Now make some burritos!…using all-natural, vegan, whole grain, preservative-free tortillas.
- Serve with hot sauce, guacamole, spicy carrots, salsa, etc.