Okay, I lied. In my previous post, I stated that I would be sharing a raw vegan sushi recipe, but I realized I was out of sea weed, so I made sloppy joes instead.
Dinner tonight: sprouted bean trio sloppy joes on all-natural-whole-wheat bun and garlic polenta fries.
*Note: Costco sells a large bag of “Sprouted Bean Trio” (4lbs) for around $10.
These are so easy and quick to make. And they are definitely healthier than the average sloppy joes. They are low in fat, high in protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
I served them with up with some delicious, golden, crunchy, garlic polenta fries. YUM!
For directions on how to make BAKED POLENTA FRIES, CLICK HERE.
After the polenta fries were baked, I sprinkled it with a little bit of Celtic sea salt and garlic powder and voila! You have garlic polenta fries!
Sprouted Bean Trio Sloppy Joes
- 2 cups of sprouted bean trio
- 2 large tomatoes (diced)
- 1 bell pepper (diced)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 cans of organic tomato paste (6 oz.)
- 1 large clove from an elephant garlic or 4 regular-sized cloves of garlic (minced)
- 4 tablespoons of chili powder
- 3.5 tablespoons of raw agave
- 2.5 tablespoons of vinegar
- 2.5 tablespoons of vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard powder
- Celtic sea salt and pepper to taste
- olive or grape seed oil
- Soak beans in water for 4 hours. Note: this is optional. It is not required, but I like the texture better after soaking.
- In water, simmer beans in medium to high heat for 5 minutes and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Drain beans and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat oil, add garlic and onions and then stir.
- After about a minute, add bell pepper and tomatoes.
- Cook in med-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add beans, tomato paste, chili powder, agave, mustard powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Spoon into your favorite burger bun and serve.