Here is another delicious smoothie idea. A blend of zucchini, rainbow chard, and fruit! Yum!
This was our breakfast this morning served with almond, coconut, and raisin oatmeal. This breakfast high energy breakfast is high in protein, high in fiber, and packed with vitamins and minerals (B12, iron, calcium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and much more). This delicious meal will help you take on the day!
- 1.5 to 2 cups of coconut water (add more if you want your smoothie thinner)
- 1 cup of rainbow chard
- 1 banana
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 pear
- 5 pitted medjool dates (to sweeten) this also adds fiber and iron
- 1 small carrot
- 4 tablets of spirulina (sea weed)
- 1/4 cup of ice
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
Directions: Blend all ingredients in your Vitamix or other high powered blender.
- 1 cup of cooked 5 grain oatmeal
- 4 tablespoons of almond butter
- 3 tablespoons of shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup of raisins
- a few pinches of cinnamon
Directions: Cook oatmeal and then add the rest of the ingredients.