I just love kale. I love it in smoothies, juices, soups, and I also love it as salad.
Kale is packed with fiber and antioxidants. It also helps fight off cancer cells, helps lower cholesterol, and it also has anti inflammatory properties.
So, eat more kale!
It is a great source of:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin E
….and more! Click here to find out: http://whfoods.org/
A couple of years ago, I was introduced to a delicious kale salad from Earthfare (health food store). The kale salad had sun-dried tomatoes, black-eyed peas, kale, and some kind of sesame oil vinaigrette. It was delicious. I forgot what the name of that salad was, but my recipe adapted from that salad. I just used what I had in my fridge but it turned out pretty yummy.
This salad is flavorful, filling, and healthy.
- 8 cups of kale (veins removed and chopped)
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 cup of black beans or black-eyed peas
- 5 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons of liquid aminos (for salt)
- 1.5 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 3.5 tablespoons of toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 clove of garlic (finely minced)
- Prepare your kale (wash, remove vein, and chop).
- Place your kale, tomatoes, and beans/peas in a large bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients together.
- Pour dressing into your bowl of kale.
- Mix dressing into the salad.
- Place on your salad plate/bowl and then sprinkle with sesame seeds.