I veganized it and made a few adjustments. For these “bites” I am using fresh broccoli instead of steamed (less cooked, more nutrients). I have added quinoa and a few other things for taste and nutritional purposes. I am also cooking it on a griddle instead of baking it. But, you can cook it either way. To bake: 325 degrees for 25 minutes turning over after 15 minutes (per staceysnacksonline.com).
****Reasons why we “veganize”:
- Watch “Animal Protein — Meat and Dairy — Cause Cancer”
- Read “Health Concerns about Dairy Products”
- Watch “Dairy Farm Tied to Cheesemaker Exposed”
- 2 cups of fresh broccoli
- 1 cup of DAIYA vegan “cheese”
- 1/5 cup of red onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 to 2 tablespoon of nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 eggs worth of ENER-G eggless egg replacer
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 tablespoon of liquid aminos (for salt)
- olive oil spray (a tiny bit to grease your griddle)
Note: if you don’t have cumin or oregano, you can try adding curry powder and dried cilantro.
- Place all ingredients in food processor (except oil).
- Mold into small patties.
- Place onto greased griddle (low heat).
- Cook in low heat for up to 8 minutes on each side (until golden on each side).
- Serve and enjoy.