Some of you may already know that I like to make my own puddings, ice creams, and other snacks for my family. I prefer them over most of the store-bought ones because I know exactly what goes into them.
I am calling this chocolate dessert “gelato” instead of ice cream because of its texture. It is smooth, creamy, and of-course delicious. When I have this, I feel like I am cheating, as if I am eating something completely unhealthy! So, I am happy to say that my family and I love this stuff!
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 cold or frozen avocado (removed skin and pitted)
- 6 to 8 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2/3 to 1 cup of frozen blueberries or mixed berries
- 8 to 10 pitted medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon of all-natural alcohol free vanilla
- 6 to 8 tablespoons of raw cacao powder (adjust to your taste preference)
- hemp seeds for topping
- Throw everything in your VITAMIX.
Note: Adjust cacao if you don’t want your chocolate ice cream too dark and adjust the amount of dates for sweetness.
Also, if you would like to keep this “raw”, substitute the peanut butter with raw almond butter. It is just as delicious!
You can also freeze this, but allow thirty minutes to thaw before serving.