I was delighted to find some some quartered artichoke hearts in my pantry today. I thought of making some vegan artichoke dip, but I ran out of nutritional yeast. So, I decided to make these crunchy treats for an appetizer instead.
- Quartered artichoke hearts quartered (14 oz.)
- 1 cup of unsweetened and unflavored non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 cup of Ian’s Panko Bread Crumbs (whole wheat)
- 2/3 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of vegan bouillon
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
Note: you can season this with Italian seasoning, curry powder, chilli powder with cumin, etc. Be creative! :)
- Preheat oven to 385 degrees.
- Mix bouillon and garlic powder with non-dairy milk.
- Dip the quartered artichoke hearts into the milk mixture.
- After it has been dipped in the milk mixture, roll the artichoke hearts in the whole wheat flour. (Do this one at a time). If you need to see photos, you can refer to my stuffed jalapeno poppers recipe.
- Dip the floured artichoke hearts into the milk mixture again and then roll them into the whole wheat panko bread crumbs.
- After that, place them onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve hot!
You can top off your salads with them or just eat them by themselves (served with your favorite vegan dressing).
Today, I served them with goddess dressing….