Lunch today was pretty delicious and very filling. We had a super healthy burrito stuffed with quinoa, veggies, tofu, and avocado packed with protein, and all kinds of vitamins and minerals.
It was pretty much a shorter version of my Tofu, Mushroom, Beans and Spanish-rice-style Quinoa Burrito recipe. I cut some corners, because I just didn’t want to spend too much time on cooking today, but it still turned out really good.
- Cooked quinoa
- Spinach wrap/tortilla (I used my favorite, which are Maria and Ricardo’s Tortillas)
- 1 package of cubed firm tofu (drained)
- 1 package of sliced organic mushrooms (8 oz.)
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 red onion sliced (medium to large)
- 1/4 cup of cilantro (chopped)
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon of oil (I use grape seed, olive, or coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1.5 tablespoons of vegan bouillon (Better Than Bouillon, No Chicken Base, Vegetarian)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1.5 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 2/3 teaspoon of chili powder
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced avocados (2-3 avocados)
- Heat oil and then add minced garlic.
- After about a minute, add the tofu.
- Cook the garlic tofu for 5 minutes, then add sliced onions.
- Cook for another 5 minutes and then add vegan bouillon, chili powder, oregano, cumin, sliced mushrooms, and sliced bell pepper.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, then add lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat tortilla.
- Spoon quinoa into the tortilla.
- Add sautéed veggies/tofu into the tortilla.
- Top it off with some slices of avocado and then roll into a burrito.
- Serve with salsa, hot sauce, or both.