I have been wanting to make these for over a year now and the reason why I haven’t is because I have not been able to find vegan wonton wrappers. But, a couple of weeks ago, I found some at the local Asian market and it got me pretty excited! I thought about all of the things I could do with these wonton wrappers!…vegan cream cheese wontons, hummus filled wontons, wonton cups, baked wonton chips, etc.
One of the things I wanted to do was mold them into cups and fill it up with something delicious and spicy! For this appetizer/snack, I used a lot of ingredients that I used when I would make my vegan sushi.
I baked the wonton wrappers and filled it up with some tofu and veggies mixed with DYNAMITE SAUCE!
Note: “dynamite sauce” is a mixture of vegenaise and sriracha. I usually serve it up with vegan sushi.
- 1 block of firm tofu (cubed small)
- 1/3 cup of grape seed Vegenaise
- 1/4 cup of diced red onion
- 1/2 cup of diced carrot (1 medium carrot)
- 1/3 cup of diced zucchini (1 small zucchini)
- 1.5 tablespoons of Season’s Sea Seasonings, Organic Dulse Granules, 1.5-Ounce Units (Pack of 6)
- 1.5 tablespoons of sweet relish
- 1.5 tablespoons of Nori Fume Furikake Rice Seasoning – 1.7 oz
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of sriracha hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons of liquid aminos
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- olive oil spray
- topping: alfalfa sprouts
Note: if you don’t have dulse granules, you can just use the rice seasoning to substitute it. Just add your seasoning and hot sauce little by little until you get to where it isn’t bland or too spicy.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray your cupcake pan and place one wonton wrapper in each of the cupcake making holes (12).
- Place wontons in the oven and bake for exactly 6 minutes.
- Then, set the crunchy wontons aside.
- Now, make the filling.
- Heat pan and spray olive oil on it.
- Add minced garlic and chopped onions.
- Cook for about a minute in med-high heat, then add the cubed tofu.
- Cook the tofu for about 5-10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add carrot, zucchini, liquid aminos, rice seasoning, and the tofu you just cooked.
- Mix it up and start adding sriracha and dulse granules.
- When you are done, start filling the wonton cups with your “dynamite” tofu mix.
- Then add sprouts.
- For those who like it EXTRA spicy, add more sriracha!
- Serve and enjoy!