Okay, so this may seem weird to some, but I am telling you, it is good!
When one thinks of burritos, they automatically think of salsa, beans, and such. But, don’t be afraid to try these out just because it seems “weird”. It is just a pretty cool version of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!
When I was a teenager, I loved eating peanut butter rolled into corn or flour tortillas. First, I would spread the peanut butter on the tortilla, heat it in the microwave for a few seconds, and enjoy it with some cold chocolate milk. These days, I eat a more “refined” peanut butter and tortilla wrap. ;)
During my pregnancy, I became a bottomless pit when it came to nut butters and jelly sandwiches/wraps! That was when I started adding fruits and other stuff to my PB &Js. The typical breakfast for me looked like this: Almond/peanut butter on whole wheat toast or tortilla with jelly, sliced bananas, raisins, and hemp seeds.
These are super healthy and I love that my daughter enjoys these as much as I do.
In the picture above, I used the following ingredients to make the “burrito”:
- Spinach vegan and all natural tortilla wrap
- Raw almond butter
- Mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, and black berries)
- Shredded coconut
- 1 banana
- Heat up the tortilla on a griddle or large pan.
- Spread a few tablespoons of almond butter, sunflower seed butter, or peanut butter.
- Add your fruit of choice (bananas, raisins, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc.)
- Sprinkle cacao nibs, shredded coconut, hemp seeds, chia seeds, or even chocolate chips! (optional)
- Wrap it up.
- Serve with delicious non-dairy milk.
Note: You can also serve this up”sushi style”. First, you spread it all over the tortilla/wrap. Second, add jelly. Third, add thinly sliced fruit. Then, you roll it up and cut it like sushi. They are fun little finger food for kids! I make these for my daughter and her friends at times.