Here is another healthy smoothie idea. Instead of using the traditional banana to create a rich and smooth texture for the smoothie, today I used an avocado instead. Both are delicious, but the avocado makes it a bit thicker, which I like, but if you are not a fan of thick smoothies, just add more coconut water and ice.
(serves 3 to 4 people)
- 1 avocado
- 3 to 4 cups of kale
- 1 cup of mixed fruit (I used one peeled and seeded orange and 1/2 cup of mixed berries: black berries, blueberries, and raspberries.)
- 1.5 to 2 cups of coconut water
- 4 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons of hemp seeds
- 1 large carrot (optional)
- 5 dates (pitted)
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup of ice
Place all ingredients in your vitamix blender and blend until you have no lumps.