People have asked me what kind of things I serve up during the holidays, so I decided that I would just write a quick blog post to share them with you.
Sometimes, we have the traditional Tofurky Vegetarian Feast served with potatoes, bread, stuffing, etc. But, lately, I have really been into these delicious Field Roasts!
One of the great things about this roast is that it only took 40 minutes to bake!!!! I didn’t spend all of my Thanksgiving day making food. As a matter of fact, I was able to prepare our Thanksgiving meal, clean my house, do the laundry, and even cut my daughter’s hair! We had a wonderful and productive day!
Note: the Tofurky Vegetarian Feast is also super quick to prepare!
- Barley Salad with Squash and Broccoli (click for recipe)
- Freshly baked bread (click for recipe)
- Roasted Garlic Purple mashed potatoes topped off with garlic mushrooms (recipe below)
- Field Roast
- Pumpkin Pie
- Vegan Wine
And, oh it was heavenly!
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 1 whole bulb of roasted garlic (click here for directions)
- 14 small to medium purple potatoes (Note: darker potatoes have higher antioxidant content than the lighter ones)
- 1 cup of unsweetened non dairy milk (almond, soy, etc.)
- 2 vegetable “NOT BEEF” bouillon cubes
- Boil potatoes for about 15 minutes or so.
- Remove the garlic from the skin after it has been roasted.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Blend all together.
- Top it off with mushrooms (recipe below).
Sauteed Garlic, Onions and Mushrooms
- 1 package of mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 of an onion (chopped)
- 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Add garlic and onions.
- After a minute, add mushrooms, salt and pepper.
So, for you vegans who haven’t tried this roast before, I highly recommend it. And, for you non-vegans, you should try this as well!….you will be very surprised!