So, here is something I threw together today for tomorrow’s holiday! Delicious, vegan, pumpkin pie!
I hope you like it!
- 1 pie pumpkin (cooked, click here for cooking directions)
- 1 small can of coconut cream (8.75 oz)
- 2 ENER-G egg replacers
- 2 tablespoons of organic sucanat sugar
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- 1 tablespoon of molasses
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon of all spice
- 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt
I used “Organic Wholly Wholesome Spelt 9″ Pie Shells”.
- Cook the pumpkin (click here for directions).
- After the pumpkin is cooked, remove the skin and place the rest in your Vitamix, blender, or food processor with all of the other “filling” ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour the “filling” into the pie crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake for another 55 minutes.
- Let cool for a couple of hours before serving.