Dinner: quinoa, mung bean sweet potato and collard greens curry, with fresh-baked crusty bread rolls.
If you haven’t noticed yet, I post a lot of curry recipes. This is because I cook a lot of it. It is because curry is super easy! You just throw a bunch of veggies in a pot with some coconut milk, ginger, curry paste and you have dinner! Also, my husband loves it! And, I have to make the hubby happy .
Mung Bean, Sweet Potato, and Collard Greens Red Curry Ingredients:
- 2 cups of uncooked mung beans (soaked overnight)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1.5 cups of water
- large sweet potato (cubed)
- 1 large purple potato (cubed)
- 5 cups of collard greens (chopped)
- 1/2 of a large onion (chopped)
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 3 tablespoons of fresh ginger (minced)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of vegetable bouillon (for flavor…adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 oz of a 4 oz jar of THAI RED CURRY PASTE
- Prepare veggies.
- Cook mung beans: medium heat for 1 to 2 hours in water. After it is cooked, drain and set aside.
- In a wok, large frying pan, or pot, heat olive oil.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Cook for a couple of minutes, then add potatoes and water.
- When the potatoes are cooked (maybe after 10 minutes), add coconut milk, cooked mung beans, Thai red curry paste, and vegetable bouillon (add 2 tablespoons of bouillon to start with…add more if needed).
- Cook in medium heat for 15 minutes. Make sure you stir frequently so it doesn’t burn. *Note: if you don’t want this dish to be as thick, add 1/3 cup of water and a little more vegetable bouillon.
- Then, add collard greens.
- Simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now, enjoy with your crusty bread and delicious quinoa!
Crusty Garlic and Sesame Bread Rolls Recipe:
*Note: I used the recipe from my Easy Crusty Bread post but adjusted it a bit.
- 3 and 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cup of warm water
- 5 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- 2.5 teaspoons of sea salt
- 2.5 teaspoons of yeast
- Mix water with yeast and sea salt in a large bowl.
- Add all-purpose flour.
- Mix it all together.
- Cover the bowl with a cloth and let it rise for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, mix sesame seeds and garlic into the dough.
- Place your pizza stone in the oven with another pan under it that contains a couple of cups of water.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut the dough into 6 to 7 pieces.
- Form the dough into balls and dust it with some flour. *Note they may not stay shaped like a ball…but do the best you can….it is still good if it is a bit flat…or you can just make a huge loaf, CLICK HERE to see.
- Dust the pizza stone with corn meal and place the dough balls on it.
- Bake for 30 minutes.