Here is an idea for your next get together, a vegan nacho station! This is definitely a healthier version to the traditional nachos. I had a few friends and their children come over a couple of weeks ago for Halloween and I served finger foods and cupcakes.
I made some vegan treats this year because I didn’t want her to feel like she was missing out on the Halloween candies that everyone else was passing out. So, I prepared some pretty little cupcakes and some fun finger foods for her and her friends. I know these cupcakes are not the healthiest for you, but these are better than the traditional, and this was a rare occasion. :) By the way, it was my first time baking muffins! …..this is because, my family and I are not really big on sugary baked sweets.
In terms of candy, I am fortunate enough that if I tell my daughter that something is not vegan, she will automatically turn it away, which makes my life a bit easier.
Recipe for Hummus Rolls, CLICK HERE.
Vegan Nacho Station
I served some yummy black beans (recipe below), with some WAYFARE vegan “cheese, organic salsa, jalapenos, and of course organic corn chips. Note: You can also add fresh green onions and or fresh cilantro (I didn’t have any that day).
One of the reasons I love Wayfare cheese is because of its ingredients. I used We Can’t Say It’s Cheese – Mexi Cheddar.
Ingredients (Vegan & Non-GMO): WayFare Non-Dairy Cheese Base (Prepared Whole Grain Oatmeal (Water, Oats)), Vegetable Oil Blend (Coconut and Safflower), Sesame, Pimentos (Pimentos, Water, Citric Acid), Nutritional Yeast, Sea Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Onion Powder, Spices, Annatto, WayFare All Natural Vegan Flavor
I just copied the ingredients list from www.wayfarefoods.com. It has all natural ingredients and it is delicious!
Ingredients for black beans:
- 2 cups of cooked black beans
- 1.5 tablespoons of cumin
- 1.5 tablespoons of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 chopped jalapeno (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Heat oil then add garlic onions, cumin, oregano, and chili powder.
- Sweat the onions for a minute then add cooked black beans and jalapeno.
- Cook it all together for a few minutes, then add salt and pepper.
- Serve with chips, salsa, jalapenos, Wayfare Mexi cheddar “cheese”, onions, cilantro, etc.