Here is another smoothie idea. I love papaya! It is such a wonderful fruit and it is a great source of vitamin A, C, and E. It also packs a lot of fiber, folate, and antioxidants. Papaya even contains iron, calcium, riboflavin, thiamine and niacine.
I have added strawberries and greens (spinach and kale) for added vitamins and minerals. But, particularly because strawberries are a great source of vitamin C and it helps your body absorb the iron from the greens a little bit better. Also, the greens are a wonderful source of fiber calcium, antioxidants, Vitamin A, C, K and more!
This is they kind of stuff we start our day off with….super healthy green smoothies! Hope you will try this out!
- 1 cup of papaya
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup of strawberries
- 1.5 cups of fresh spinach or kale
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds (for omega 3s)
- 1/4 cup of goji berries (this is not necessary though. I just added this for more beta carotene)
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons of raw wheat germ (for grains and folic acid benefits) Note: this is also optional
- 1/2 cup of ice
- 4 pitted medjool dates (for added sweetness and iron)
- 4 tablets of spirulina (sea weed) for b12
- 1/4 cup of blueberries (optional) for added antioxidants and vitamins
Throw all of the ingredients in your Vitamix blender and then blend until everything is smooth.
*If you do not have a vitamix, you can replace the medjool dates with raw agave since it probably won’t blend it as well. You can also omit the goji berries (unless you soak them for a little bit).
*Add more milk and ice if the smoothie is too thick for you.
*If you want to make this all RAW, use coconut water instead of non-dairy milk.