This is a super easy and delicious snack/meal to serve at parties and potlucks. Such a wonderful finger food!
It took me 30 minutes from start to finish!
I don’t know about you, but I just LOVE hummus!!!! There are so many things you can add to hummus: avocado, sun-dried tomatoes, jalapenos, roasted bell peppers, etc (add when blending in the food processor). You can use it as a sandwich filling, bagel/toast topper, wrap filling, and/or veggie/bread/chip dip! So many possibilities!
But, here is the basic hummus recipe that I always use.
- 1 can of black beans or garbanzo beans (drained) or 1.5 cups of cooked beans (I usually cook my own beans instead of buying the in cans)
- 2 tablespoons of cumin
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1-1.5 teaspoons of tahini
- pinch of turmeric
- 4-6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of distilled white vinegar for more tang (optional)
- all natural vegan spinach wrap
- carrot (shredded Note: I just put my carrots in the food processor…way easier than shredding them by hand)
- Place all hummus ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Warm your tortilla/wrap ( I used my griddle).
- Spread hummus over the tortilla.
- Add spinach, sprouts, and carrots.
- Roll it.
- Slice it into bite sized pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: I like to add turmeric to a lot of dishes because of its health benefits. It has anti-inflammatory properties, detoxifying properties, it helps slow down the progression of Alzheimers disease, helps with weight loss, and it is known to have anti cancerous properties. To learn more, click here, Health Diaries.