This is a modified version of my vegan blueberry chocolate chip bran muffin. I made these today because my daughter’s ballet class is having a little party tomorrow. I am sure that the majority of the snacks that will be served won’t be vegan, so I wanted to make sure my little ballerina will have something to munch on while everyone else is eating cupcakes, cookies, and candy.
I wanted these muffins to be a bit healthier than the average ones which is why I used whole wheat, all natural sucanat sugar, coconut milk, bran, etc. And, they are moist and delicious!
I am sure you will like them!
- 1.25 cups of wheat bran
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of Thai coconut milk
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 2/3 cup of sucanat unprocessed sugar
- 1/4 cup of applesauce
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of molasses (for added iron)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix coconut milk and wheat bran together. Let the milk absorb into the bran (10 minutes).
- In another bowl, mix applesauce, vanilla, sea salt, and brown sugar together
- Pour applesauce mixture in with the bran and add flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Mix together.
- Add the blueberries and mix it in.
- Place into greased cupcake liners. Fill it up 3/4 of the way.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.