I wanted to use up the panko crumbs that I had left over from the hummus stuffed jalapeno poppers I made last month and I had a package of firm tofu in the fridge, so I decided to make a crunchy breaded tofu nuggets.
My daughter and I loved these! You can dip the tofu in vegan honey mustard (1 tsp agave, 2 tablespoons of mustard, and 1 tablespoon of vegan mayo), bbq sauce, hot sauce, or even just ketchup. It is simple and easy.
My daughter got a kick out of helping me make these.
- 1 package of of firm tofu (frozen, thawed, and pressed)
- 1 cup of unsweetened non dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable bouillon
- 3 tablespoons of mustard
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs (for vegan and whole wheat, use Ians)
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take your firm tofu (frozen, thawed, and pressed…this is for better texture), and slice it into 1 inch cubes.
- Mix vegan “milk”, vegetable bouillon, and mustard together.
- Dip cubed tofu into the “milk” mixture.
- Roll it into whole wheat flour.
- Dip into the milk mixture again.
- Roll in panko crumbs.
- Place onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes
- Enjoy with your hot sauce, vegan ranch dressing, ketchup, mustard, etc.