I needed to make something yummy with all of my CSA vegetables I had sitting in my fridge. I also wanted to incorporate delicious Asian flavors to it. So, I made Asian noodles. This is my first time making these, so, I just had to guess and come up with a salad dressing recipe…and, it turned out pretty lovely!
- 1 package of Buckwheat Soba Noodles
- 2 cups of mung bean sprouts
- 1 cup of cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of green onions (diced)
- 1 cup of yellow squash (diced)
- 1 large carrot (thinly sliced) (I used a spiralizer Click on PRODUCTS to see which one I use)
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- Peanuts for topping
- 2 cups or 8 oz. of sliced baby bella mushrooms or shitake mushrooms (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (optional)
- Fresh cayenne pepper (sliced) ….(optional)
- 1/3 cup of liquid aminos (Braggs)
- 1/4 cup of raw apple cider vinegar (Braggs)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh ginger (chopped into tiny little pieces)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 5 to 6 tablespoons of Nori Kumi Furikake Rice Seasoning (sesame seeds and seawead)
Directions for Salad:
- Cook and drain buckwheat soba.
- Slice veggies and place in a large bowl.
- Note: you can use raw mushrooms, but I chose to lightly saute it in some olive oil before mixing with the noodles.
- Add noodles.
- Add mushrooms.
- Add dressing and mix well.
- Serve in a salad bowl and top it off with some peanuts and cayenne pepper (optional).