This is a fun dessert to make with your child. My daughter and I love making these. But, it is even better eating them! I have already posted something similar to this (click here for Super Food Snow Balls), but I just changed it up a bit.
Some people don’t like dates, but if you combine them with nuts, chocolate, coconut, and some raw agave, it tastes something like a tootsie roll! …just a little less chewy.
This is an awesome snack to give to your children (way better than cookies and candy) because it is just so healthy! It is packed with antioxidants, protein, iron, essential amino acids, vitamin A, B, B2, B 12, E, K, omega 3 fatty acids, phosphorous, carotenoids, magnesium, flavanols, polyphenols, and much more!
Try them! Have your kids try them! They will love them!
- 13 medjool dates (make sure pits are removed)
- 1/4 cup of goji berries
- 1/4 cup of raw almonds
- 1/4 cup of raw macadamia nuts
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of raw agave (optional)
- 4 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- Hemp seeds, shredded coconut (unsweetened), and or sesame seeds (to cover the balls)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Place goji berries, chia seeds, almonds, and macadamia nuts in the food processor.
- Blend for a few minutes until it looks like this.
- Then, add dates, coconut oil, vanilla, agave, and raw cacao into the food processor.
- Blend for 2 minutes….untill it looks like this.
- Shape them into little balls.
- Roll them in hemp seeds, shredded coconut, and or sesame seeds.
- Place in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving. Then, enjoy!
Note: Some of these ingredients are pretty pricey at the health food store. You can get them here on amazon for a lot cheaper. Click on the photos below.