Reasons to LOVE sweet potatoes:
- Because of its vitamin A content, sweet potatoes may help prevent certain cancers.
- It helps stabilize blood sugar.
- It is packed with vitamins and minerals to help give energize the body.
- It is packed with fiber, so it may help with colon disorders.
- It is packed with antioxidants (vitamin A and C)..
- it is beneficial for low blood pressure
- It helps prevent arthritis.
- It is soothing to the stomach and helps prevent stomach ulcers.
- It has anti-inflammatory effects.
- It is also known to be an anti-aging super food.
So, eat up those sweet potatoes, friends!
Okay, so here is what we had for dinner tonight: Vegetarian Nature’s Burger and this delicious sweet potato side dish.
Ingredients for the Chipotle Lime Sweet Potatoes with Black Beans and Corn:
- 6 small sweet potatoes (chopped in 1 inch cubes)
- 2 cups of cooked black beans
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1 medium-sized onion (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube (mix with 1/4 cup of hot water so it dissolves)
- Chipotle Seasoning (See seasoning ingredients below)
Ingredients for Chipotle Seasoning:
- 4 teaspoons of dried chipotle pepper powder
- 1.5 tablespoons of chili powder
- 3 teaspoons of dried cilantro
- 3 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried thyme leaves
- 3 teaspoons of dried oregano leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix chopped sweet potatoes in olive oil and sprinkle some salt on it.
- Place sweet potatoes in a baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, spray olive oil spray in a large pan and saute onions and garlic for a few minutes.
- Then, add corn and black beans. Saute for a few minutes.
- When potatoes are cooked, mix it in with the corn and black beans.
- Add bouillon cube mixture and your chipotle seasoning.
- Add chopped bell pepper and salt.
- Cook together for a few more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!