I love the delicate and almost buttery taste of these flowers. It literally just melts in your mouth. Squash blossoms can be used in many ways. You can eat it by itself, use it in salads, stuff quesadillas with it, and you can even stuff and fry them.
Today, I just wanted to put together something super easy and quick. Then, I remembered a post from my friend from Bahay Kalipay., which they served up some flowers stuffed with veggies and a raw vegan “ranch” dressing. So, I wanted to do just that…easy to put together and easy to eat. I altered my “ranch” just a little bit….so I can use up all of this darn basil in my back yard.
- 4 to 6 Squash blossoms
- Matchstick carrots
- Sliced avocados
- Sliced cucumber
Stuff the flowers with the veggies.
Ingredients for the Dip:
- 1/4 to 1/6 cups of raw macadamia nuts (soaked overnight)
- 3 tablespoons of fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon of pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of cold pressed olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of minced onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 or more teaspoons of Dulse granules (use as salt) or you can use this with a few pinches of sea salt.
- Blend all dip ingredients in a blender.