This is a similar post to the jalapeno poppers post. I just used bell pepper instead for those who absolutely can not handle the heat of the jalapenos. This has more of a sweetness to it but it goes so well together (crunch, hummus, and pepper).
- Fire Roasted Tomato Hummus
- 3 to 4 bell peppers
- 2/3 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/5 cups of Panko bread crumbs
- 1 to 1.5 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp of salt
- Make hummus.
- Preheat oven to 385 degrees.
- Slice the bell pepper lengthwise in four ways.
- Spoon hummus into the bell pepper.
- Dip the bell pepper in the unsweetened nut milk (almond milk).
- Then, roll the it into the whole wheat flour.
- Dip it into the nut milk again.
- Then, roll into the panko bread crumbs.
- Place onto a slightly greased cookie sheet.
- Spray a little bit of olive oil onto the breaded bell peppers (just a little bit!).
- Bake for 25 minutes.