Oh, how I love HEALTHY!!!!!
Ingredients (note: make sure the fruits and veggies are chilled and ORGANIC):
- 1 large zucchini
- 6 carrots
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1.5 cups of watermelon
- Juice in a juicer.
Juicer info CLICK HERE.
I decided to make lasagna today after I had realized that I haven’t made lasagna in over 3 years. I forgot how easy and quick it was to make it.
As always, this is a veganized version of the traditional lasagna. It is MUCH healthier too! It is tasty, delicious, “cheesy”, and very filling.
- 1.5 jars of organic spaghetti sauce
- 1 package of lasagna noodles (organic whole wheat or brown rice)
- 1 package of firm tofu
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 bag of mozzarella vegan DAIYA “cheese”
- 1 large eggplant (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 of a medium sized onion (diced)
- 1 large carrot (diced)
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon of parsley
- 1 tablespoon of bouillon (vegan)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil or cold pressed olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare your veggies.
- Saute onions and garlic in grape seed oil until the onions are a bit transparent.
- Add carrots, Italian seasonings, parsley, bouillon, and tofu. Note: squish the tofu with your hands until it looks like feta cheese.
- Cook together for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and basil.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- In a 9″ x 13″ baking dish, pour a little bit of the spaghetti sauce at the bottom and layer the eggplant, uncooked pasta, tofu, and DAIYA vegan “cheese”. Note: make sure the all pasta is covered in sauce.
- Here is how it looks before it is baked.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Sprinkled dried parsley over the bread and the lasagna.
- By the way, I served this with home made bread. Click here for the bread recipe. Note: I also added 4 cloves of minced garlic into the bread dough before I baked it. Delicious!