This post goes along with the previous post, “Fruity Carrot Juice”. Basically, I used the pulp from the fruits and veggies from what I used to make juice. I really dislike wasting food.
My daughter really likes this too. It is sweet, chewy, and healthy.
- 3 medium sized carrots
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1 banana
- 2 cups of watermelon
This makes about 1.5 cups of pulp.
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon o vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons of raw sesame seeds
- 1.5 tablespoon of ground flax seeds
- 5 medjool dates
- 4 tablespoons of raw agave
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend together.
- Shape the mixture into cookie-like shapes.
- Place in a dehydrator.
- Dehydrate for at least 16 hours.
Note: My dogs love to eat carrot, banana, apple pulp, and other fruits and veggies. I mix the pulp with their dog food, brown rice, potatoes, etc. …just another idea for you….so you don’t waste the pulp…. :)