Tonight, I served up a roasted garlic white bean spread with sun-dried tomatoes and basil on a freshly baked bread.
Yep, my house smells delicious!
Ingredients for the ROASTED GARLIC WHITE BEAN SPREAD:
- 3 cups of cannellini beans (soaked overnight and then cook in medium heat for 3 hours..or until it is soft)
- 1 whole bulb of roasted garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/8 cup of cold pressed olive oil
- 3 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- 1.5 teaspoons of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon of celtic or ancient sea salt (note add a little bit and taste…add more if you need to)
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the beans.
- Roast garlic.
- Make the bread. For super EASY bread recipe, CLICK HERE.
- Now it is time to make the BEAN SPREAD!
- Slice the bread.
- Spread the bean paste on your freshly baked crusty bread.
- Add organic sun-dried tomatoes (re-hydrated of course).
- Top it off with fresh basil.
- Enjoy with some VEGAN wine (The Daily Red).
- …or just some water :)