,,,,just another breakfast of mine! :)
Do you know that coconuts are super good for your body? Read about it here.
- 1 cup of greens (spinach)
- 1 banana
- 3 medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup of nut milk
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp of spirulina (optional)
- 1/4 cup of ice
Directions: blend together…preferably in a Vitamix blender….it makes your smoothies SOOOO much better!
This is a delicious and healthier version of a traditional carrot cake. It contains of fiber, protein, omega 3s, and other vitamins and minerals. It is also very easy to make. And, if you “juice”, you can use your carrot pulp for this!
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 cups of carrot pulp or finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup of bran
- 2/3 cup of walnuts
- 1/3 cup of applesauce
- 1/3 cup of canola oil
- 2/3 cup of raw agave
- 1/2 cup of nut milk (today I used almond milk
- 1/4 cup of cranberries or raisins
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 egg substitute (I always use ENER-G egg replacer)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1.5 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the oil, applesauce, milk, vanilla, and agave together (wet ingredients).
- Add Carrots, salt, brown sugar, and the spices together (nutmeg, cinnamon, nutmeg) to the wet ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients together. flour, bran, baking soda, baking powder, walnuts, and cranberry/raisins.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
- Line the muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- Spray the cupcake liners with cold pressed olive oil spray.
- Scoop the muffin batter into the cupcake liners, filling it up just a bit more than 3/4′s of the way.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool.
Now you can enjoy it as it is, but you can add some “delicious” frosting to it. I like it either way….
Ingredients for frosting (optional):
- 10 oz of shredded coconut
- 4 oz of coconut oil
- 4 oz of raw agave
- 1 tsp of vanilla
Directions for frosting: Blend it in a Vitamix for a few minutes. If you don’t have a Vitamix blender, use a food processor.
Top the carrot cake bran muffins off with the coconut frosting. I just added a bit of carrot pulp to the top for decoration.