I love this healthy breakfast muffin! It is moist, fruity, and chocolaty.
- 1.5 cups of wheat bran
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of almond milk (unsweetened)
- 2/3 cup of blueberries
- 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (vegan)
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of applesauce
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix almond milk and wheat bran together. Let the milk absorb into the bran (10 minutes).
- In another bowl, mix applesauce, vanilla, sea salt, and brown sugar together
- Pour applesauce mixture in with the bran and add flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Mix together.
- Add chocolate chips and blueberries.
- Place into greased cupcake liners (makes 12 muffins). Fill it up 3/4 of the way.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.