We love basil! We love pesto! We love quinoa pasta!
Ingredients for pesto sauce:
- 1.5 to 2 cups of fresh basil
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 1.5 cloves of an elephant garlic or 4 to 6 cloves of regular garlic. (NOTE: We love lots of garlic in our pasta, if you don’t, then reduce your amount to a few cloves of garlic.
- 2/3 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup of pine nuts (Note: I sometimes add a few tablespoons of cashews to make it a bit creamier/thicker)
- 1/4 cup to 1/3 of olive oil
- 1 fresh medium tomato (this is optional and only use if you want to thin out the sauce)
Veggies to mix in the salad: Today, I just used ONE CUP of steamed peas, but usually I would add lightly steamed broccoli along with it.
- Cook veggie quinoa pasta (I used the curly pasta).
- First saute the pine nuts and cashews (cashew optional) in a little bit of olive oil until it is brown and toasted.
- After it is toasted, place the nuts in the food processor with oil, tomato, nutritional yeast, and garlic.
- Process together until it is smooth.
- Add spinach and basil, then process again for a few minutes.
- Add salt ant pepper to taste.
- Mix sauce with cooked veggie quinoa pasta.
- Serve hot or cold.