Delicious vegan “BST”: whole wheat bread, vegan mayo, vegan “bacon” (tempeh). sprouts and tomato.
For the Tempeh “bacon”, click here for the recipe: http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/tempeh-bacon/
My 6 year old daughter is a huge fan of Doctor Who. And for her birthday, she asked to have a “Doctor Who” party at the local ice-skating rink. I bought some Doctor Who decorations, made vegan Doctor Who cupcakes, and some dark chocolate Tardises and Daleks. I also served some vegan hot dogs, hummus, chips, fruits, etc.
My daughter was so happy and she said that it was “the best party ever”, which made me happy.
One of the birthday presents she got from me were some vegan TOMS shoes which I had sent to my friend, Hase, so he could paint on them. And this is what he came up with:
Art by the talented HASE.
My daughter LOVES these shoes. And, if you would like some customized kicks, send him an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Art by Hase. Contact info: email@example.com
Raw Vegan Pesto
A few weeks ago, I enjoyed some delicious raw vegan food at this awesome vegan restaurant in Columbia, South Carolina called “THE GOOD LIFE CAFE” and they served up some amazing raw vegan meals! We ordered raw stuffed mushrooms, raw pizza, raw cinnamon rolls, raw noodles, raw parfait, and raw tacos. After that visit, I have come to the conclusion that The Good Life Cafe is now one of my most favorite restaurants. Everything was so delicious and flavorful!
The Good Life Cafe
The Good Life Cafe
Raw vegan tacos with salad
Asian Noodle salad (kelp and squash noodles)
Raw vegan pizza with fruit salad
I have been thinking so much about their food so last night I decided I was going to make some raw vegan pizzas!
(Click here for pizza crust directions)
- 1.5 cups of fresh basil
- 1/3 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup of chopped zucchini
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of pine nuts
- salt to taste
Directions: Blend/process all pesto sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- 1/3 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup of raw cashews
- salt to taste
Directions: Process together and set aside.
- 7 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of liquid aminos
- 3 tablespoons of cold pressed olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 large shiitake mushrooms
- Dust mushrooms off.
- Thinly slice mushrooms.
- Mix apple cider vinegar, liquid aminos, garlic powder, and olive oil together.
- Pour over the sliced mushrooms.
- Marinate the mushrooms for 15 minutes.
- Dehydrate for about 30 to 45 minutes.
Okay, now you are ready to build your pizza!
- Prepare veggies (slice tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, etc.)
- Spread pesto sauce on your crust.
- Layer your toppings.
- Sprinkle parmesan on top.
Raw Vegan Pesto Pizza
I really enjoyed this pesto pizza. I love pesto and it went great with the crust, veggies, and the tangy mushrooms!
Vegan fettuccine alfredo!
YUM! I found this recipe on Oh She Glows and wanted to share it with you!
My family really enjoyed this dish and I think you will too.
I made some raw-vegan “cookies” the other day and I thought it would be fun to make some raw-vegan “ice cream” sandwiches with them.
I have a few “ice cream” recipes, but for these “sandwiches” I kept it really simple.
- 2 peeled and frozen bananas
- 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla
- Blend the ingredients your Vitamix or food processor.
- Make “ice cream” sandwiches.
Raw vegan carrot cake patties with vanilla-walnut frosting dip.
I love “juicing” but “juicing” comes with a lot of pulp. I hate to waste food, so when I’m not composting the pulp, I like to make treats for us. I have made dog treats for my furry babies, raw-vegan “cookies“, soups, etc. Today I felt like having carrot cake. So I googled some recipes and I found this raw vegan carrot cake cookie recipe (click on the link below). I used the recipe from rawglow.com to make my “cake” but added a few things: Please click here to learn how to make the “batter”. http://rawglow.com/blog/2010/01/12/no-nut-carrot-pulp-raw-food-dehydrated-cookies/ Note: I added 1/4 cup of blended fresh pineapple and a couple of pinches of nutmeg. I also used ground flax seeds instead of chia seeds. I also didn’t make “cookies”. Instead, I molded them into thick patties (about 3/4 of an inch thick). I also dehydrated them for about 11 hours.
Raw vegan carrot cake patty with vanilla-walnut frosting and shredded coconut.
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 1/3 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup of water
- 10 medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- pinch of salt
Directions: Blend all of the frosting ingredients together and refrigerate. My daughter and I enjoy these very much. I can have carrot cake anytime and as much as I want without any guilt!
I usually don’t like buying cookies from the store because they are usually pretty unhealthy. So, I like to make this version of “milk and cookies” to give to my family. They are healthy, filling, and yummy!
Here is what you will need:
- A dehydrator
- 1 cup of raw almonds (soaked over night)
- 10 medjool dates (soaked over night)
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons of raw cacao
- 1/4 cup of goji Berries
- 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of old-pressed coconut oil
- a pinch of salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of raw agave or maple syrup
Directions for “cookie”:
- Drain the water out of your soaking dates and almonds.
- Throw dates, almonds, banana, vanilla, cacao, coconut oil, ground flax, salt, and agave (optional) in a food processor. Blend all together until it is a paste. Note, if your mixture is still too dry, you can add a few tablespoons of water and blend it some more.
- Shape into cookies (less than a half of an inch thick) and dip in sesame seeds.
- Place in the dehydrator and dehydrate for 12 hours.
That is my daughter’s hand. She loves these cookies!
For Hemp “milk”
- 2 cups of water
- 2.5 to 3 tablespoons of hemp seeds
- 3 dates
- 1 drop of vanilla
Directions for “milk”:
- Place hemp seeds, dates, and water in your Vitamix or other high-powered blender.
- Blend for a minute or two until it is really smooth. Note: you can strain the hemp seed pulp if you would like, but mine is usually really smooth and I am too lazy to strain it out.
- Enjoy with cookies!
Raw Vegan Hemp Milk
I felt like having “finger foods” today, so this is what we had for lunch: tempeh Buffalo “wings”, Avocado “fries”, and potato wedges served up with cashew “ranch” sauce.
You will find the recipe for the “Buffalo Tempeh” and cashew “ranch” here.
Avocado “fries” ingredients:
- 2 avocados (pitted, peeled, and sliced into strips)
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk (today I used rice milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder (optional)
- 1 cup of raw wheat germ or panko bread crumbs (today I used raw wheat germ)
- salt and pepper
- olive oil spray
Directions for avocado “fries”:
- Preheat oven to 385 degrees
- Spray cookie sheet with olive oil.
- Mix garlic and onion powder into the non-dairy milk (optional).
- Dip avocado strip into milk.
- Roll the strip into flour.
- Dip avocado strip into milk again.
- Roll the strip into wheat germ or bread crumbs.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Repeat for all the avocado strips.
- Bake for 8 minute on each side.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on them before serving.